Monday, March 12, 2007

Picture of the Day

Here is your picture of the day. Taken this year, February 18th out on Lake Waterville. I guess you could say I was ice fishing but I was really just watching and having a beer or two. I am so happy to see that the weather is getting warmer. Although it is too bad that just as the weather is starting to get nice and I will be shortly leaving Minnesota. And I know that summer in Minnesota is great. Here is some exciting news. This afternoon Nate called me up and asked me to be a god parent to his son, Elery. I was honored to be asked and happily accepted. The modern definition of godparent is an individual chosen by the parents to take a vested interest in raising a more complete human being. And traditionally is responsible for caring for the child should he/she be orphaned. I have done some research on this topic. Here are some interesting facts that I have learned according to the source linked above:
A god parent must be at least 16 years old, be baptised themselves, and not labour under a canonical penalty. They should also enjoy stability in life, have high moral character, enjoy patience, can relate to a child and would be an exemplary model role. A person should be disqualified from consideration of being a god parent for any of the following: Has not been at Mass for 2, 5 or 10 years. The person employs birth control methods. Is a member of a condemned society. The person is a public sinner.
So that is a lot to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ricky

Just wanted to say thanks for always having a new story. I check my email then your blog pretty much every morning and it's very refreshing to have something new to read. Maybe you could kick the General's ass alittle bit to get him writing again or just kick his ass, it's good for the guy.

Sugar Lips

PS It's about 70 degrees out here

Rickie Davies said...

Sugar Lips,

I am glad that you enjoy my blog. The General is beyond help. I did learn that he and the Mrs. purchased a home in Sun Prairie. I would look for pictures of the house toilet papered in the near future.

P.S. It is 59 degrees today. It is about time.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the tp trees! I'm sure it will be great if you have anything to do with it:)

sl