Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rebuttal

This will be a little different from my normal funny and amusing postings. The main reason for my blog is to help me keep in touch with my family and friends. I knew when I created my blog that my opinions, ideas and actions would be out in the arena of public opinion to be judged. I have always welcomed and encouraged comments from anyone, even if critical.
I have an anonymous reader has come to be critical of my actions this past weekend. And I would just like to address some of the issues and comments that were made. In case you missed it, here is the comment:"Your idiot behavior only affects you?: what if the bouncer has a heart attack wrestling with you? What if the cop doesn't stop a drunk driver because she was dealing with you? What if the drunk driver kills someone because the cop didn't stop him? No good can come from idiot behavior and you may not just be hurting yourself."
According to my research, only 1.4 in 100,000 people between the ages of 25 and 34 die from Myocardial Infarction (heart attacks). So the chances of him having a heart attack are very slim. People in that category just don't have heart attacks. They would be more likely to have a tree fall on top of them.
As far as your linking me to the cause of a drunk driver killing someone, well I think that is quite the leap of logic. By your line of thinking, I could make the claim that if a little girl asks a police officer for help to get her cat down out of a tree, this little girl is taking away the police officer's valuable time. Time that could be spent investigating and detaining a child molester. Therefore this little girl is responsible for child molesters being on the street.
Does my drinking also affect Global Warming? I suppose I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll with a drinking my hand? I am not arguing with you that my actions were uncalled for and idiotic. They absolutely were. But your current arguments on my actions affects on other people, lack basis, logic and were not well thought out.
Maybe I have a "problem". And if you happened to read my last posting, I have started to take steps to fix this "problem". Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Rickie! Your friends and family still like you.

Anonymous said...

HEY BUDDY,

ANON IS AN IDIOT. THERE WAS NO CAUSE AND EFFECT IN THAT ARGUMENT, JUST A LOT OF CIRCUMSTANCE. THE SAME ARGUMENT COULD BE USED FOR THE POSTIVES OF IDIOCY. EG: THE COP SHOWS UP AT THE BAR TO GIVE YOU A TICKET AND STOPS A RAPE FROM TAKING PLACE BEHIND THE BUILDING.

ALSO, THE DISORDERLY CONDUCT TICKET, IF ANY, WHICH YOU RECEIVED WAS I AM SURE AN ORDINANCE VIOLATION WHICH WOULD NOT SHOW UP ON A BACKGROUND CHECK. OF COURSE, YOU MAY WANT TO LIST IT ON YOUR RESUME, LIKE EVERYBODY DOES, WHEN THEY VIOLATE A LOCAL ORDINANCE.

-BUBS

Anonymous said...

Bubs, Your commentary was seriously diluted by typing all in caps...weak dude.