Friday, February 08, 2008

16 Days

I did a little research. Here is the site for the Canopy Zip Line Tours. Chris, Rebecca and Vanessa, if you are reading this and get a chance, click on the link and check out the video. The price is a little steep, $80, but I think it will be worth it. Who knows if you will ever get a chance to do it again. It reminds me of when I was in Paris and I was at the Eiffel Tower and I thought about going up on it, but then decided that I will do it the next time I am in Paris. Well that was 9 years ago, and as my memory serves, I haven't been back in Europe since.

Alright enough about making all of you jealous about Mexico. Wait, before I move on, have you been outside today? Currently in Appleton it is -11, -33 with the wind chill. 33 BELOW ZERO!!!!! My hand almost froze to the lock on my field office this morning. Can 16 days go quick enough, I doubt it. Today in Puerto Vallarta a high of 82.

OK, now let me get on to something not exciting. Here was my weekend. Friday night I went out to dinner with Mark, Suzanne and their daughter Elly. It was a pretty mellow evening. After dinner we came back to my place and watched Borky's movie "The King of Kong". I never said it was bad, I just said it wasn't worth $20.

Saturday I went and got a massage. My shoulders had been a little tight the last week or so. $35 for a half hour session. Well worth it. I might start making massages a weekly or bi-weekly occurance. I ran some errands in the afternoon. I stopped at the Fox River Mall in Appleton. It was ridiculous how busy it was. The parking lot was packed. Not to mention the stores. I actually only went into the sport goods store to get a new backpack. I didn't even entertain the idea of venturing out further into the mall. I got in a workout and then watched the Badger game.

Sunday, I noticed on the TV that their were winter weather advorsies in the area, wind chills in the -25s to -35s. I was going to go check out a movie, but I decided to not even leave my condo. I have a lot of stupid ideas. Well here is the newest stupid I idea that I have had. I have decided to run a 1/2 marathon. I am using this race as a stepping stone, and hopefully I can get myself in decent shape to attempt a full marathon sometime this summer. This 1/2 marathon is in Oshkosh in April. A week after opening day. That should work out well. Looking ahead to that date, I have started training. I actually have my body in pretty good shape, but not running shape. Saturday I put on 4 miles on the treadmill. And Sunday morning I ran for 8 miles. That kind of sucked. I found a running schedule online and Sundays are the longer runs. I am sure I will run out of blog topics and in the future I will post my running schedule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was 70 degrees in CA on Sat...

S.L.

Anonymous said...

12 Days for me buddy until 85 degree Isla Mujeres, Mexico!

It was worth the $20, you know it. Meow.

-Borky

Anonymous said...

You gotta do the zip line. Maybe an action shot would be cool too.