Thursday, February 07, 2008

20 Days

I would like to put the finishing touches on my fantasy football league. Pretty sure no one other than the people in my league really care. Sunday when I was at Stu's Super Bowl party, I awarded the engraved traveling trophies to the two winners of my leagues regular season and playoffs. Bubs was my league's Regular Season Champion. And The General was the playoff / Super Bowl Champion. Nothing hurts me more than having to present The General with a trophy. Adding insult to injury, I was the reigning Super Bowl Champion for the last two seasons. To have The General "follow in my footsteps" makes me feel dirty. As you can see from the standings, I did not have one of my better seasons.
Here are the final standings.
Regular Season:
1. Preston 11-3
2. Nate 11-3
3. Chucker 9-5
4. The General 7-6-1
5. Jake 7-7
6. Dan 6-8
7. Sherman 6-8
8. Rickie 4-9-1
9. Tim 4-10
10. Tree 4-10

Playoffs
1. The General
2. Chucker
3. Nate
4. Preston
5. Jake
6. Sherman
7. Dan
8. Rickie
Here are my two champions. Bubs is having a pretty good year. First he wins reader of the year, and now he is fantasy football champion.

There is something so wrong with The General. Can you believe that some how our society allowed him to procreate? I have actually been thinking about instituting a communication boycott with The General, since he never returns phone calls. But then I realized, a boycott wouldn't bother him at all. It would be like taking heat away from a penguin. They don't need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Dave is disturbing.

Roman

Anonymous said...

You should hold on to this pic, so when Dave ever decides to run for office you can black mail him. Or just send it to his father in law.
Tree

Rickie Davies said...

Believe it or not, I have a large file of black mail pictures of The General.