Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

Thursday I went to see the Incredible Hulk. I went for a couple of reasons. 1. The Brewers played that afternoon and there wasn’t anything else on TV. 2. It was on the UltraScreen. I have been living in Appleton for over a year, and just realized that they have an UltraScreen. Yes, I am an idiot. Before I get to the movie review, let me touch on how stupid people are. As I am in line to purchase my ticket, which I got for a $1 off by showing my college ID, the guy in front of me asks what time Indian Jones starts. Who goes to the movies and doesn’t know what time the movie you want to see starts? With all of the available outlets to get movie times (newspapers, call the theater, internet) how can you not know what time your movie starts. Then this guy asks the cashier to see what time Indiana Jones is playing at the other theater across town. What a clown. But he was topped by another idiot in the movie theater. About 45 minutes into my movie, this guy answers his phone. He must have had it on vibrate, good for him, but he went into a 3 or 4 minute conversation and was talking pretty loud. He was in the row right behind me. After a minute or two, people started yelling at him to shut up. He retorted back with, “Hey this is important, my house is on fire.” Now if my house was on fire, I would probably leave the theater right away, instead of sitting through the rest of the movie to see if the Hulk beats the bad guy.
Alright let me get to the review of The Incredible Hulk. It was just alright. Any movie that ends leaving you hanging and indicating a sequel loses points right away. But I will give them credit for a story line that worked and some how created a villain. Not to be a spoiler here, but if you see the movie you will have to get back to me on this because I was confused as to if the villain died in the end or not. I don’t think he did. Here is another spoiler question I have for anyone who sees the movie, If they were going to New York to see this guy who could create the antidote, why send him and email that can be tracked. Why not just go to see him? Which leads me to another fault in the story line, they got from Virginia to New York City on $40. Please. Somehow on $40, they were able to buy an old truck, get a boat ride from New Jersey or Staten Island, I am not sure which one, across the Harbor to New York City and get a cab in the city. Here is a better story line, show me how they did all of that on $40. I know, it is only a movie, but then why make the point that they only have $40. The special effects are great. Here is a trivia question for you move goers out there, can you name me a movie that has Liv Tyler in it, where she doesn’t cry? One big positive for the movie was that the movie makers cast Lou Ferrigno in a cameo roll. Because the movie lends itself to a sequel, I can give it no more than a rating of a 5.

No comments: