Thursday, June 12, 2008

Indiana Jones

A movie review has been long over due. Thursday rather than watch the NBA finals, I went to catch a movie. Who is playing in the Finals? Do you think ESPN is making too big of a deal about this? Back to the movie. I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I was a little disappointed because I went to the theater here in Appleton with the UltraScreen and they weren't showing Indy on that screen. It is a long movie but actually pretty good. I thought they did a pretty good job of tying everything together in the end. The kid from Transformers is in this movie, but plays something of a tough guy role. It was a little hard to believe his character. I do think that if they were going to take someone from Transformers, it should have been Megan Fox. Harrison Ford is just too old. He just doesn't seem like Indiana. And it is hard to believe someone at his age could pull off all that he does. I realize that much of this movie series is far fetched. But jungle car chase, the vine swinging and the waterfall scenes are all highly unrealistic. Yes, I know it is a movie, but they were all a bit over the top. I did like the movie and it was better than I was expecting. I had heard some poor reviews. On a scale of 1 - 10, despite the unrealistic scenes, it is a 7.

No comments: