Thursday, June 26, 2008

My New Bridge

Some people have been wondering where I am headed in life. At least short term, not long term. I have no idea where I am headed long term. It has been a while since I have discussed work. Then again does anyone really care about work? Not really. My work here in Appleton is nearly complete. My bridge is open to the public and has been for over a month. There are a couple small details that need to be fixed, none of which is really visable to the public. Where do I go now? I am off to Oshkosh. My company has been overseeing the contruction of another bridge there. The plan is for me to help out there until the bridge is completed, which is scheduled for sometime in October. From there it is anyone's guess as to where I will be headed next. My current hope is that our company will get the construction contract on a bridge in Little Chute which would happen in May. That would have me back in Milwaukee in November and then back in Appleton come May 2009.
Here are some photos of my bridge. This was taken my first day on the job May 2007. This one was taken earlier this month. Yes it opens and closes without problem at all.Proof that boats have gone through my bridge.

No comments: