Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

I don't have much of a update for you on this past weekend. I just didn't want to drive down to Milwaukee and from what I heard there wasn't much going on, so I stayed in Appleton. Friday night I fell asleep around 9:30.

My friend, Mark, is training for a 2 day, 150 mile bike ride which is in 3 weeks. I had told him that if I stayed in Appleton, I would go on a training ride with him. Saturday morning we headed out on a 45 mile bike ride. We kept up a good pace. We finished in 2 hours and 13 minutes, averaging just over 20 miles per hour. But my lower back was killing me by the time we finished and my butt we also pretty sore. I was thinking about doing a 90 mile ride around Lake Winnebago, but this little adventure cemented the fact that I will not being doing that. I came out of it feeling OK, but I couldn't imagine going twice as far.

The biking was good for my training for my next triathlon, which is this coming Saturday. I am doing this one with Tree. I have set my goals for this next triathlon. It is 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run. I would like to get out of the water in less than 10 minutes. I would like to average over 20 miles per hour on the bike, and average 7:30 minute miles on the run. Add in transitions and I am shooting for around 1 hour and 10 minutes. Another goal I have is to finish first in one of the timed events. Now I am not in good enough shape to win the swim, bike or run, so what does that leave. The transition times. In my last triathlon I noticed that my transition time from the bike to the run was only 39 seconds. The best time that I saw was 32 seconds. My plan is to stop at the end of the bike where I have to dismount. But then take 30 seconds to compose myself and the sprint to the rack to drop off my bike and get out on the run course. I think I can do that. My last goal is to beat Tree, but since I took him behind the wood shed on the last one, I am not too worried about beating him.

Finishing up my weekend, I had a soccer game Sunday night, but I have another posting expanding on my feelings for soccer that I will get out later this week.

Lastly, I am thinking about going down to Summerfest this coming Saturday night after my triathlon. If anyone is interested in going, let me know. I am looking for recruits to head down there. If you want to be on the blog, this is a great opportunity.

No comments: