Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a great weekend for me. I came back home Friday. I met with Nate for lunch at Crawdaddy's. A great meal. Friday night I stayed at my brother's house. And took it pretty easy. I was able to get in a run and then kick around the soccer ball. I also jumped in the pool, but that water was a little on the cold side. Saturday I had a haircut. Thanks again Rebecca. I have been waiting to renew my drivers license until I had my haircut. I then loaded up on tailgating supplies and headed into Milwaukee to meet Borky at Nate's house. We had lunch at Nate's and were then in the Brewer parking lot by 3:30. We had a great time in the parking lot. The only down side was the weather. But we didn't let that get our spirits down and we didn't get into the game until the top of the 8th inning. The fact that the game ended up going 12 innings was all the better. After the game we headed down to Leff's Luckytown. Around 1 in the morning, I got hungry again and we headed to the East side for Oakland Gyros. There isn't anything much better than a Gyro at bar time. Sunday my family grilled out at my sister's house. The entire family got together. It was a very relaxing Father's Day. I hope everyone wished their father's a Happy Father's Day. I realized Sunday night what a great job not only my father, but also my mom did in raising us as kids. Especially as I looked around and saw all of the nieces and nephews running around. It is pretty amazing how well all of my parent's kids turned out. I finished up Sunday night stopping at the fireworks store to get ready for the 4th of July. It got me to thinking, if I was an arsonist, the first building I would set on fire would be a fireworks store. How cool would it be to see one of those on fire.
Here is a video of me jumping over Ethan. I think Nick is a little too tall to jump over.


Here is Borky soaking up the sun in the parking. Is there any place you would rather be than tailgating at a Brewer Game on a beautiful sunny day?
Unfortunately, the sun turned to rain, but it did eventually get nice again. Borky, Tree, TJ and Eric proud to pose with a rainbow in the background. You will note that you did not see my brother, Jon, or his neighbor, Rob. They both said they were going to show up, but pulled up short. Surprised? Not really.This was the swing that Prince Fielder had on his triple in the 11th inning.Sunday, the Coonen kids playing hillbilly horseshoes.Crusher in the back yard.Erin up in a tree.Dan got jealous of Erin, so he decided to climb a tree too.Here are all of my nieces and nephews, Ethan, Jared, Zack, Lindsey, Sarah, Erin, Josh, Joey, Nick and Abby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One highlight of the weekend was when Borky fell asleep in the car and we went into Oakland Gyros without him. 15 minutes later Borky arrived with a full tray of grub. But, Borky went back for a second order of mushrooms at Oakland gyros...that was priceless.

Tree

Anonymous said...

Tree:

You're still alive? Holy shit.