Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Soccer Girls

While I was looking on line for good soccer pictures for the previous posting, the site I was at, ESPN.com, had pictures of the crowd in the galleries. Check out these girls who were present for Euro 2008. I wish I was a better soccer player so I could get girls like this showing up for my games.
Poor Sweden, only won one game and were bumped in the group competition.Holland dominated their group but gave up two goals in extra time in the quarterfinals.Croatia also dominated their group but in the quarterfinals lost a heart breaker giving up the equalizer during injury time of the second extra period, then went on to lose in Penalty Kicks. You can cry on my shoulder.Russia, still alive and set to take on Spain.My money is on Germany to win it all. They face a Turkey team with too many injuries and suspensions. Then they will walk all over the winner of Russia and Spain. You know I am part German.I have been watching quite a bit of the Euro Cup. One of my favorite parts of the game is listening to the announcers call the game. Way better than listening to John Madden. They way they speak is so entertaining. I.E. "He has a firecracker of a right foot. Anytime he puts his boot to the ball he strikes it with much venom."