Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Blisters

Please read this as not an excuse for my horrible time in the run of my triathlon. Nor is this an excuse like the train in the 1/2 marathon, which by the way, I did not use an excuse for not breaking 2 hours. I simply mentioned that a train disrupted the race for many runners.

I previously bought a pair of running shoes. And while they look good, they don't really feel all that great. I had been getting blisters on the side of my foot. All was well last week, until I picked off the dead skin on the side of my foot one night. The next day I went running and a blister formed on the fresh soft skin that was under what was left behind. The truth be told, my foot didn't bother me at all in the race. But I wanted to show the picture anyhow. I popped this monster last Thursday night, I would guess at least an ounce of "juice" came spewing out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blisters and scabs are fun.

Anonymous said...

Suck it up cupcake. Just buy a new pair of shoes.

Rickie Davies said...

Don't give me the suck it up. I ran a triathlon two days later. I did suck it up.