Monday, July 07, 2008

July 6th

While Tom Brady and I were sitting around the firepit early the morning after the 4th, he inviting me at least 6 times to go to the Brewer game with them on Sunday. And even though I said yes that I would go everytime, he continued to ask me. The Shermans had planned a full day down at Miller Park. Pocahontas called me to tell me where they were in the parking lot. I was going to just park in one of the lots and meet up with them, but I had my rollerblades still from the race with M.K.A. that didn’t happen. I parked up on Wisconsin Ave and rollerbladed down to meet them. I almost never drink on a Sunday, but the Shermans were ready to go, which made me join right in. I suppose I was asking for it by bringing my beer bong with me. They all had bleacher seats out in left field. Around noon, I strapped my rollerblades back on and went looking to scalp a ticket for the game. I took my beer bong with me, my hope was to get someone to give me a ticket for letting them use my beer bong. That didn’t pan out. It was pretty slim pickings out there looking for tickets. I only found two and they both wanted face value. Well I am not going to pay that. I ended up having to deal with the “professional” scalpers. But I did managed to get them to give me a $14 ticket for $10. I was actually pretty happy to get a ticket out of them for under face value when it was still an hour before game time. I did learn one thing. If you rollerblade around Miller Park before the game with a beer bong, you can pretty much go from aisle to aisle and tailgate party to tailgate party and drink for free all day just by letting them use your beer bong. You can also get a free brat or two. I might have to implement the plan again the next time no one wants to go to the game with me. We ended up have a much wilder tailgate party than I was expecting for a Sunday afternoon. Once in the game, the Shermans made some extra room for me to sit with them, and it was a great game. I think it was 11-6 with a lot of hits and scoring. The weather was again beautiful just like it had been all weekend. Another great day to close out a great weekend.

M.K.A., Jared and Tom Brady playing pepper.
As I said the Shermans weren't holding anything back even though it was a Sunday. Here is an on slaught of beer bong pictures. Remember this is on the Sabath. My uncle Dave.Poe.Justin.I even decided to show them how it is suppose to be done. Pocahontas.Here is a quick group photo before going into the game.Tom Brady and Pocahontas with Robin Yount.Here I am doing pullups on the bat of the Robin Yount statue. I quickly learned that they (event staff) do not like it when you do this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you call Katie, Poe?

Anonymous said...

I guess you can stand next to the Robin Yount statue and take pictures, but don't attempt the pull-ups. Security is all over that

Rickie Davies said...

Pass. Out. Early.

I will have to do my Robin Yount Statue pull ups on days when there isn't a game going on.