Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stu on Stu

Saturday was Stu's basketball tournament. Every year Stu has a 2 on 2 basketball tournament in his driveway. I want to say that this was the 7th or 8th tournament. It is a pretty exclusive club to win the tournament. And I am happy to say that I am indeed in the club. I won 4 years ago. But as is pretty well known I have incurred some health problems and my shoulder has kept me from being able to play. I always tell Stu, that if there is an odd number of people, I will play, otherwise I would rather sit out and watch. This year they needed me to play. I got Diesel as a partner. Unfortunately Diesel and I didn't fare too well. We lost to the team that eventually took second place 8-4. Won 8-0 our second game. Then lost to last year's champions 10-8. I didn't play that great. I haven't really shot a basketball in 3 years. While I am in pretty good shape, I am not in basketball shape. And in out last game, as I predicted would probably happen I popped my shoulder out. Stu has a concrete driveway and playing on that court easily takes a month or two off of your life. This tournament has been going on for years and over that time the cream has been rising to the top and this year was the best year as far as basketball talent goes. Of the 9 teams in the tourney I would say that their were 7 teams that could have won the whole thing.

Here is Bob taking it to the hole.Another shot of Bob.Not to be outdone by his baby brother, Stu going up strong. It is Stu's tournament, but he has never won. He has taken 2nd place 3 or 4 times. Here is Tree manning up on Stu. How would you like to have Tree guarding you? When we used to play in Sussex in a Tuesday night league about 4 years ago, I would always get the assignement of guarding Tree. Try pushing him out of the lane for an entire evening.
Here is Kyle taking a jumper.Kyle and Jerome ended up winning the whole tournament. It is Tuesday and I am still incredibly sore from the tournament. As I said, it was all quality players. And not small guys either. I was far from being the biggest player in the tourney. Although after this tournament, I am doing some serious consideration into actually having my shoulder fixed, possibly even this year.

No comments: