Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

I am going to do a day by day recall on this past weekend to keep my readers coming back. Today you only get the recap from Friday. I knew this was going to happen this summer. My weekends are just jam packed with stuff going on. And then it takes me nearly the entire work week to recover. Friday after work, I drove down to Milwaukee to meet up with Tree, his brother, Ed, and his nephew, Travis. I got down a little early and go in a run. I have that marathon in October and I am bit behind on my training. But I should be alright if I keep on pace with the training regiment that I currently have going on. I got my run in, about 4 or 5 miles. Meet up with Tree and company at my house and then we proceeded down to the parking lot at Miller Park. I think we were parked by 4:30. Travis had just turned 21 and I had been hearing some tall tales he had been telling Tree of his drinking exploits. I felt it was time to debunk some of these stories. We were in the parking lot until the 5th inning of the game. During that time we grilled out, made a number of new friends and made good use of the beer bong. Our parking spot was right on the isle so we had plenty of foot traffic. We offer up the beer bong to nearly everyone that walked by. Once we finally go into the game, we found our seats and I mixed up a couple of Captain and Cokes. Shortly after sitting down, my mission was complete and Travis was throwing up. Pretty nasty. I have made a commitment to myself since the weekend of the 4th. And that is that I am cutting back to drinking just one night a week, at least until after the marathon. While it is still debatable if I have a drinking problem or not, I am not going to discuss it. That is about as trivial as my weight problem. Here are some photos from the weekend. Ed is flexing and doing a beer bong. A multitasker.This is Doc. He is 67 years old and we convinced him to do a beer bong. 67 years old and he was just as fast as Travis.
But I don't think that Doc was pulling in the ladies like Travis. Look at this stud.Before heading into the game, me, Travis, Ed and Tree.

No comments: