Monday, July 28, 2008

Buckhorn Camping

The camping trip this weekend was a lot of fun. I really liked the camp grounds. All of the campsites were very spread out. It was very difficult to hear your neighbors. This is unlike many state parks were the sites are right on top of each other. I just wished I would have gotten on the reservations a bit quicker and got a site on the water. Early Friday, we checked out a couple of the other campsites that were on the water and they looked great. Maybe next year I will get my act together quicker. The only major drawback to the weekend was the bugs. The mosquitoes were unbearable. I have never been around that many before. They actually chased us to the bar both Friday and Saturday night. If this had been my first camping trip, it would have been my last camping trip. The park ranger said that normally the mosquitoes aren't bad at all this time of year. I do highly recommend this state park. By far my favorite of all the ones I have been to. I wish I had taken more pictures, but these are pretty much the only ones that I got.
Liquid and Doug in their canoe.
Saturday we canoed out to this island where apparently all of the boats on the lake go to tie up. Here are Liquid and Doug surveying the area.
Jota and I just chilling out in the algae filled water.
Flo and I in our canoe. Our canoes that we rented for the day. We sort of looked like dorks paddling up to this big tie up party with canoes. But we look like dorks anyhow so it wasn't a real big deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes - Buckhorn was nice and it was a fun trip, but the mosquitoes SUCKED (literally).
Lisa