Friday, July 18, 2008

Paddle / Portage

Tomorrow is the day of the big race. I am shacking up that the Magnusson Residence this evening. And getting a pre race meal in somewhere in the downtown Madison area. It should be Joe, Pocahontas, Tom Brady and myself, but if anyone else is in the area, free feel to get a hold of me for a drink. Tree and I have been practicing, that is if you want to call 1 morning of practice, practicing. The race starts at 10:00 Saturday morning at James Madison Park and ends about 45 minutes later at Olin Park. Here is the course:
I did a little research and it looks like a time of 45 minutes could get Tree and I into some hardware. The top 5 finishers of each division get awards. But I am predicting that Tree slows us down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a drink tonight before the race?

Rickie Davies said...

O.K. it will probably be more than one. I actually just talked to Joe. It sounds like we are headed to a bar that has a live karyoke band.