Monday, July 07, 2008

July 3rd

Before I get into discussing this past weekend, let me talk about this up coming weekend. Friday night I am headed to the Brewer Game with Tree. We plan on tailgating and if you would like to join us, consider this your invitation. It promises to be entertaining as Tree's nephew who just turned 21 and thinks he knows everything will be in attendance.

As for this past weekend, it was a wild one. As I am sure it was with most everyone, Thursday no one wanted to work. On my job site, they started a rumor that OSHA was on site at the project adjacent to my project. They did this in hopes that the foreman would call it an early day, but that didn’t work. My site finished up for the day at 2:00 and I was headed back home. I stopped at my sister’s house and put my nephew, Jared, through his training, as he is getting in shape for his first year of tackle football which starts up in August. Then later in the evening I was headed to Skateland for the big race against M.K.A. Just before I was headed to Skateland, I got a call from M.K.A. His car had been broken into at the Park-n-Ride where he parks for work. This apparently meant that he couldn’t go skating. So for those keeping track out there, there is a revised definition for the word “anytime” which according to M.K.A. means “regardless of day or hour unless you are having dinner with your parents, or planning on moving, or it is while football practices are on going, or if your car has just been broken into.” I already have a call into Websters to update their next edition.
With no race going on, I went with my sister’s family to Oconomowoc to watch the fireworks out there. It worked out great. We showed up about a half an hour before the show began and ended up sitting right at the lake with a great view. When I say at the lake, I literally mean at the lake. My feet were 1 foot and half from the water. After the show, my sister asked her kids what they thought. They said “They were pretty good, but Uncle Rick’s fireworks on the 4th are better.” That sort of puts a lot of pressure on me.
Here is the sunset over the lake. I am a sucker for sunsets and love taking pictures of them.

Just one of the many fireworks pictures I took.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy,

I know it's early, but I was wondering when you plan on doing the fantasy draft. August is loaded with weddings (and maybe concerts), and planned Brewers Games. Could you maybe start putting out the feelers so I can plan ahead?

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

I am on it. And don't plan on a repeat.