Monday, July 07, 2008

July 5th

The party just kept on going. After helping with some clean up at my aunt’s, I cleaned myself up and headed into Milwaukee. We met up at Nate’s and grilled out on the deck. I was so tired, and I really should have went down into their basement and got in a quick power nap. But I didn’t, I just struggled trying to stay awake and had a couple drinks. At 4:00 we headed to Eric’s to drop off the cars and grab the free shuttle from a bar down the street. While waiting for the shuttle, I struggled to get a drink down at the bar. Once I got on the shuttle I started to feel pretty awful. I was sweating (more than usual), my head was pounding from a headache, and my stomach wasn't really all that settled. Being on this school bus shuttle didn’t help at all. We were getting bounced around pretty good. We had to stop at 2 more bars on the way to Summerfest. By the time we got to the festival ground we had been on the bus for at least a half an hour. I was in bad shape. I let everyone from our group get off the bus before me and as we were walking to the gate, I was behind everyone. Then I threw up. I took two more steps and threw up again. They of course were all in front of me and had no idea. I was then able to hold things in until I got the port-potties and really let things go inside of there. I am not even inside of the festival grounds yet and I am struggling hard. My mind is racing trying to figure out how I can get out of this. With Borky in town from Minneapolis, Nate having a get out jail free card to use on this evening, and Eric just being there, it wasn’t going to be an option to go home. There is no way any of them would have excepted any excuse for me to leave. We go into the festival grounds and headed up to the deck at the Water Street Brewery. I was able to sneak my flask of Captain Morgan’s in, but I didn't have any need or want to use it at this point. We stayed at Water Street Brewery for an hour maybe an hour and a half. The entire time I was leaning against the railing just hating life. Every time I burped I was scared it was going to catch a hitch hiker and I would puke over the railing on to the people down below. Again my mind was racing trying to figure out how to get out of here. I thought about going and laying down in the grass under an RV that was parked across the way from where we were standing. Everyone kept telling me that I looked horrible, and that they had never seen me be so quite before. I really don’t think I said more than 20 words for the entire time we were up on the deck. I was freezing and finally Doug and I went for a walk looking to buy some sweatshirts. As we were walking to the Summerfest shop I nearly gave Doug my flask to drink, because I was thinking that I wasn’t going to use it, someone should. But after walking around a bit, and after getting a sweatshirt on I started feeling a little better. Then we met back up with the group at Jo Jo’s Martini Bar. My headache was no gone and my stomach was settling. I looked at someone’s watch and it was almost 8:00. It was 6:00 when we got off the shuttle. I told everyone by 8:20 I will be fine. I lost a bet to Borky so I had to buy him 3 rounds that night. He just finished his drink and wanted me to pay up. I gave him a $20 and told him to get 2. By 8:20 I had two chocolate martinis down and I was well on my way to a good evening. We stayed at the martini bar until around 10 when we broke up in to two groups, I stayed with Nate, Doug and Liquid and we went over to watch Cheap Trick. I managed to polish off that flask with out any problems. We closed down Summerfest, took the shuttle back to Eric’s and then cabbed it back to Nate’s. We arrived at the Hardwick residence just after 2 in the morning. The night at Summerfest which looked like it was just going to be a horrible ordeal, ended up being a very good night.

Borky, his annual pilgrimage to Summerfest. It may suck getting here, but once you are here you are happy.Borky, Nate, Me, Doug and Eric. I was back to normal by this point.Liquid, Andrea, Liz and Amy.As I was walking back from the bathroom, I saw this guy not having a very good time. I just had to take a picture. His girlfriend was a little mad at me, then I explained to her that I was taking a picture of the water fountain. I also mentioned that I was in that very same condition only 2 hours earlier. This did little to comfort them.Doug, Nate and Liquid.Here I am with a new friend that I met at the Cheap Trick concert.Amy is half Japaneese, half Irish. That is some combination.Nate and I tried working our way up to some good seats at the end of the concert. This is as close as we got before the show was over.Doug and Lisa, making out hard.

No comments: