Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sunday is Fun Day

I had a lot going on Sunday. Oddly enough church wasn't one of them. I was up at 7 in the morning. After the basketball tournament, I felt like a 45 year old man getting out of bed. But I did get up and then hit the pavement. As I have said I am behind on my marathon training. I logged 8 miles Sunday morning. I am still trying to comprehend how I convinced myself to go running that morning. Then I headed down to Wales park where my brother was in a kickball tournament. I find it funny that he is on a kickball team. Especially after he po-pooed it when I was on a team 4 years ago. I recall trying to make a bet with him that I could kick more home runs in kickball than he could hit in softball. He backed down from that bet. After the game I stopped at my parent's house to wrap a present for Tree's daughter, Kaitlyn's, birthday party. I hit the party at Chucky Cheese's and then drove up to Appleton. I walked in my apartment and caught the end of the Brewer game, then crawled into bed for a bit. I was up at 6 in the evening and headed to my soccer game that night. Soccer went pretty well. We won 5-1. After the game I got in some grocery shopping and then finally was able to lay my head to rest at 11:00. Here are Sunday's photos.

At the kickball tournament they also had these inflatable things for the kids to play on. Nick challenged me to the running thing with the bungee cords strapped to your back. I was informed by the guy working there that I got further than anyone else he had seen that weekend. And because I did a race with Nick, I had to do one with Ethan. Here I am scaling the wall in the obstacle course. I never let the kids win. I do this because one day, most likely sooner than I want it to be, they will be beating me. It is always much sweeter to earn a win than to be given one.Here is Mr. Wonderful trotting around the bases after kicking his second home run of the game. Head down and going about his business. But as the saying goes, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.Tree, Kaitlyn and Chucky. I brought the biggest present to the party. It was my brother's outdoor grill box wrapped up with nothing but a card, balloons and candy inside. That is how you become the most popular adult at a kid's party. All the kids wanted to open the big one first. When I showed up carrying this mammoth present, I went up to Ed, Tree's brother, and said "Which one is your present?" He pointed to a little box. I said, "That little thing. That is all you brought?"Here is Kaitlyn and Heather. Look how happy Kaitlyn is. I wish I was 3 again.

No comments: