Thursday, January 22, 2009

The General is a Deadbeat and a Welcher

This has been a fairly effect form of persuasion to get my money out of people, so I thought I would give it another shot. I know that The General tends to read my blog from time to time. That is at least when he isn't too busy with updating his own blog, One Sweet World or Pinko Commy Rag as I like to refer to it. Anyhow, The General is in the hole to me for $168 and two dinners at Crawdaddy's. Please allow me to detail these debts. It must be all of 5 years ago that The General and his lovely wife, Diane, moved from Waukesha to Sun Prairie. As they were preparing for the move, The General gave me a phone call. I said, sure I will give you a hand. I figured, it wouldn't be too bad of a move especially with so many of The General's friends in the area to also lend a hand. When I showed up the day of the move I found that I was the only person The General asked to help out. He later told me that he didn't feel comfortable asking anyone else for their help. But he assured me that he would make it up to me by buying me dinner at Crawdaddy's. As I said that was at least 5 years ago. Since that time, The General has fallen into debt with me a number of times, but usually paid up. Up until this past fall the slate was clean, but then fantasy football started. All participants in my league were required to bring their entry fee to the draft in September. The General showed up to the draft with everything but the entry fee of $50. Immediately a $10 late fee was assessed. Since that time, we had a card game at our friend, Mick's place. The General showed up with only $40. Because of his horrible card play, he quickly lost that and then another $40 that he just took from my growing pile of money. This brings me to soccer. Most readers are aware that The General and I had a small wager on whom would have a higher offensive output this past session. The contest was never even close. It probably would have helped The General to show up to all of the games, but the more I think about it, even if he had played two sessions he still couldn't have outscored me. That wager was yet another dinner at Crawdaddys. That also remains unpaid. After the last game of the session, our team decided to play another session. As everyone was paying our portion of the entry fee, The General, again had no money, so I paid his portion. In the event that the Deadbeat Welcher does read this, please get me $168 and my two Crawdaddy dinners as soon as possible.

No comments: