Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Good Day, Is That Possible?

Yesterday was actually a pretty decent day at the office. I mean I would have rather been at home eating Bon Bons. But as far as work goes it was a good day. In the morning, I was reviewing some plans and specifications for a project. This was my task due to my many years of experience. I was looking for errors and needed to envision problems that may arise. I know all of this sounds like a bunch of B.S. but is 100% true. This particular project is an upgrade of a series of movable bridges in the Oshkosh area which will be controlled by a PLC. (Programmable Logic Controller) and eventually the plan is to have all four of these bridges controlled from just one bridge. Which would save the county and state thousands of dollars in that you would only need one bridge operator and not four. It will also cause a number of jobs, but still save tax payer dollars. Anyhow, we had a conference call where a co-worker mentioned to one of my bosses that "Rickie makes a good point." It is so rare that it happens, both that I make a good point and that someone acknowledges such a thing. Afterwards my other boss called me into his office to give me my salary review. This will also come as a shock to many of you, but he gave me a number of complements on my performance over the past year and then informed me that I would be rewarded for such excellent work with a raise in pay. Can you believe that? In the afternoon, I was making out a schedule for this same project and I determined that it was unfeasible to completed the required work in the time frame given and I gave a couple of alternatives, in which the project could be completed. To which my boss emailed me back and gave me the following compliments on my work "Good work. I believe you are very correct." Isn't it amazing that I can have so many people fooled at the same time?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can get that BMW you always wanted. Who knows, you might even be able to pull some wool with a car like that...then again, maybe not.

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

What do you mean by pulling wool? Like tying sheep to the bumper?

Anonymous said...

Not bad for a guy who works 4 hours a day.

Rickie Davies said...

3.5

Anonymous said...

Great job Rick,
We're proud of you.
Annie