Friday, January 09, 2009

Oakland Gyros

I probably shouldn't publicize this but last night I headed out to Oakland Gyros. I went with my old college roommates, Kevin and Bob. As always, it was fantastic. After eating we stopped into Axel's next door. Bob wanted to play some fussball. Bob schooled both of us. And for the record, while we were in Axel's, and to both Kevin and Bob's surprise, I didn't have a single drink.

This morning, I may have figured out why I got a check back from WE Energies, sometime over the course of the evening, my power went out, so I woke up an hour later than I normally do. Then as I was getting ready for work, my power went out again. This caused me to come into work a half an hour late. Thankfully it is Friday. This evening I am headed to Alpine Valley to get some skiing in with my nephews, Nick and Ethan. This will be my final tune up before my trip out to Utah on the 22nd of this month.

Tomorrow is my fantasy fooball party. I haven't touched on fantasy football much this year. Just because this is such a boring topic for anyone who doesn't care about fantasy football. I am in two leagues. One with three people, me, Borky and Myra. In the last week of the season, I came back to win by only 4 points. Borky now owes me dinner. In the other league, which is 10 people, I won the regular season and came in 2nd place in the playoffs. Stay tuned for pictures with the trophy coming soon. So that party is tomorrow, if you want to get some sheepshead in, stop on by, anytime after noon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big power out. Two schools in your area are closed today. Looks like another rebate is coming your way.
Annie

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone decided to run into a tranformer, kinda' like during the game which the Badgers were killing UNLV 27-7.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm...Oakland gyros. It's too bad the Twins Crew series is scheduled for the middle of the f'in week. Don't know when I'll be back in town to enjoy some gyro goodness.


Kmart

Anonymous said...

I heart Oakland Gyros

-borky