Monday, January 26, 2009

Utah Skiing

This past weekend was my trip to Utah for some skiing. Here is a real quick recap. Thursday we got into Utah. I flew in with Liquid and Flo. We headed straight to Deer Valley and skied the afternoon there. After skiing, we met up with Amanda and Russ in downtown Park City. After grabbing something to eat, we headed back to the condo. Friday in the morning we headed to the Sundance resort. We got on the waiting list for one of the Sundance films that was showing there, but just missed getting in. We checked out the resort for a while and then headed back to Park City. We grabbed dinner then scalped tickets to one of the Sundance films showing in Park City that evening. The movie was called Moon, it was a science fiction movie about human clones that worked on the moon. It was pretty good, but I doubt it will ever be out in theaters. Saturday came and we skied at Solitude. It was a full day of skiing and the snow was great, although the visibility was rather poor. Sunday we skied The Canyons. It was another great day of skiing, but again the visibility was poor. On Saturday and Sunday I skied with Russ. Russ is a pretty good snowboarder, and I have to thank him, because he talks me into taking more challenging runs. And in the end that helps to make me a better skier. Thursday when I skied with Liquid and Flo, I don't think I fell at all. Sunday while skiing with Russ, I took one run called "Devil's Friend" I easily fell 20 times. Basically just rolling down the run. Anyhow, here are some of the pictures that I took. This is the view from the top of one of the summits at Deer Valley.One of the cool things about Deer Valley is how these million dollar houses are mixed throughout the resort. Although it sort of makes you sick looking at these homes at the same time.This is the Sundance Resort.Here is one of the theaters that was showing movies for the Sundance Film Festival. Most of the theaters are shown in the Park City area, but there are also some films that are shown out at the Sundance resort or even in Salt Lake City.A view looking up the main street in Park City.This video was shot at The Canyons. There is a natural half pipe which has to be at least 1/4 to 1/2 mile long. Russ and I stumbled upon it and I just had to go down it a second time. It is pretty cool, but there just isn't alot of places to stop or even check your speed. And shortly after I shot this video I feel again and popped my shoulder out. This video is maybe just the first 1/3 of the halfpipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rick, Pictures are so cool. Grest job. We're in Tucson and true to form it is the coldest they've had in weeks. The Brantzeg foul weather luck strikes again.
See you in two weeks.
Annie