Monday, January 05, 2009

Not A Hunter

It is pretty well known that I am the "Head Boner". That has been my job title since I was in high school. I have been helping my dad butcher deer since I was in the 3rd grade. It is actually quite odd that I could get so involved in being a butcher but still not have any urge to go out and hunt. I never have, and I probably never will. At the time that my brothers all started hunting, I just couldn't validate sitting out in the woods for hours and no seeing anything. I guess I still can't, plus I am lazy. But while I am not a hunter, I have become quite the trapper. It is something that has become something of a necessity for me. I think much of it stems from when my renter was living in my house. She was far from being a neat freak, this I found out when I moved back in. Recently I have been hearing the pitter patter of little feet in the storage space behind the wall in my bedroom at night. And once or twice I saw a little rascal running around on the kitchen floor. I had some older traps that I have been setting but without luck. Every morning the bait was gone. Sunday morning I stopped and picked up some new traps. Real top of the line stuff. The other night, I bagged two trophies, check them out.
Literally scared the crap out of this guy. I am pretty sure that when I go, the same thing will happen to me.Just posing with my harvest.Actually they kind of taste like chicken.
MKA WHEN IS THE DAY?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROSS

Rickie Davies said...

Nice toilet mouth.

Anonymous said...

Prove to us your superior butchering talent. Clean and skin one of those trophy mousies and post a photo here on your blog.

Rickie Davies said...

As much as I was debating having them mounted. I decided to throw them out. Maybe on the next one. If I cut you up some mouse steaks, would you eat them?