Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Weird Dream

Yesterday I was a bit out of sorts. Work was well, work. But a co-worker asked me if I would help out with his indoor soccer team and sub on his team last night. However the game was at midnight. When I got home from work, I grabbed something to eat and then jumped in bed to try and get a nap in before the game. I didn't get too much sleep, a lot of tossing and turning. And when I was finally able to fall asleep, my alarm went off for me to get up for the game. I didn't play horrible, but didn't play great. I did have an assist in the 9-6 loss. Being the new guy, I wasn't getting a lot of love from my new teammates in the way of getting the ball passed to me a whole lot. After the game, at 1 in the morning the rest of the team was going out to a bar for a couple beers. I just laughed, not a chance. Even though I skipped the bar, by the time I got home, showered and jumped into bed it was still almost 2 in the morning. And of course being all wired up from running around on a soccer field for an hour, I could not sleep. As is so often the case, it seemed like I feel asleep just before my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. However, I do recall the dream I was having just as I awoke. It wasn't too long of a dream, but I was at a county fair and I was entered into an eating contest. I was up on the stage but instead of competeting against another person, I was in a contest with a donkey. And it was a carrot eating contest. Both contestants had a bucket full of carrots infront of them and to make things fair I couldn't use my hands. I woke up just after I stuck my head in the bucket and pulled out the first carrot out in my teeth. So I have no idea if I won, but I am pretty sure I lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justus can out eat a labrador.

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

He also ate 3 gyros. Although MKA polished off 1.5 without a problem at all. I think he might be able to take a run at the title.