Thursday, February 26, 2009

Soccer

Last night I had a soccer game. We battled to stay close, but ended up losing big in the end. They either had the best goalie I have ever played against, or the luckiest. I think the two weeks off between games didn't help us much either. It seemed like it was the second half before we were able to string 4 passes together. It is hard to figure out what we are doing wrong, that we haven't done wrong in the past. I don't know. The game last night was at 11:00 p.m. Before the game I was at home laying on the couch watching TV. Then I started to fall asleep, so I shut things down and set my alarm for 10:30 p.m. When the alarm went off, I really felt like just going back to bed and missing the game. But I managed to get myself motivated to play. After the game, it was so hard to get myself calmed down enough to actually fall asleep. I am sure I was up until at least 2 in the morning. So today, I am not operating on too much sleep. All for the love of the game.

3 comments:

Rickie Davies said...

The General only shows up to half the games and he does more harm than good.

Anonymous said...

Tree:

That's Rick way of saying yes.

General

Rickie Davies said...

The General,
What is going to be your excuse to not playing this week?