Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Badger Game

I got into Madison around 8:00 Friday night and met Joe at the Big Ten Pub for a fish fry. Borky eventually met up with us and then we went to Traci's Bar where we ran into Jay. Towards the end of the night it was just Jay and I. Here was a young lady who jumped on the bar to sing a song to her friend. I was a little slow with the camera. Although this time I didn't get a drink thrown in my face or get into a fight, as has happened in the past.Saturday morning we headed to Dexter's for breakfast. It is a staple for us for the Badger / Gopher game. We strolled in at 8:30 a.m. and were the first one's there. I always order the "Dog Pile", which consists of eggs, cheese, potatoes, bacon, toast and left over prime rib from the previous night. The cook says that it weighs 5-7 pounds.Borky couldn't finish a Dog Pile, so he got the Puppy Pile. For the record, I didn't even come close to finishing the Dog Pile, but the Klinks showed up and helped me finish it.Dexter's also has a bus that takes you right to the front door of Camp Randall. Another plus for going there. Here are Preston and Jessica on the bus. They got engaged the night before. Then didn't even want to come out and celebrate with their friends at Traci's Bar. I realize that they probably wanted to do some celebrating on their own, but that really only takes, what 10 minutes? I asked Jessica if she contemplated accepting the ring. She told me that if she didn't take the ring she would have to throw Preston out of the house.We got dropped off for the game, but there was still 20 minutes until kickoff, so Borky and I decided to have a drink before going in. One turned into two and then Nate, Michel, Jay and Shelly showed up and next thing we knew it was halftime and we were still at the bar.Here we are just before going into the stadium.Dawn, Joe's wife, hooked Borky and I up with student section seats. It was easily the hottest Badger Game I have ever been to. We ended up leaving before the game was over.Back at the Big Ten Pub after the game, I ran into Donnie Roberts. He was real thrilled to talk to me.Then we made our way over to the Regent Street Retreat where we again ran into the Klinks.We also found Flo there.And Sweet Melissa, Jill and Liquid were also there.It is pretty hard to have a bad time in Madison. Let me get some quick thank yous out. Joe and Dawn for putting Borky and I up at the Magnusson Hotel. Dawn for the tickets. Preston and Jessica for not meeting us out at the bar Friday night. Justus for pulling a Casper and not showing up at all. Nate for deviating from "The Plan". The General for paying his debt from July. If there is anyone I am missing. Well sorry about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Preston! Will you be taking Jessica's last name? Tree

Bubs said...

Thanks Tree! I think I'll stick with Klink.