Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Zack's Game

I went to my nephew, Zack's, football game on Saturday. I think they lost 26-0. Here are some pictures from the game. I kind of like this one, and it might give some insight as to why they lost. You can see the ball is in the air, and the only players who are in the frame that could possibly catch this pass are in white shirts. Yes, I did crop the picture, but I did not crop out the receiver in blue, he was no where to be found on the play at all. Zack's dad told me that Zack does not like playing on the offensive line. I hope for his sake he was tanking it so he wouldn't have to play on the offensive line, because if that was his honest best effort, he has to do much much better. Am I critical? Yes. But I am also correct. Here is Zack #52 just getting bulldozed into the backfield on pass blocking. I believe his man got the sack on this play. Don't believe me, ask Zack's dad, Chucker. Oh and Zack, if you are tanking it on offense so you don't have to play there anymore, that is not a good idea, unless your goal is to be riding the pine.This was the very next play. I told Chucker that he son is nothing more than a turnstile. Zack, when you are run blocking you should not end up in the backfield.Here is Zack in a more comfortable position on defense.I think Zack has a similar problem as his cousin, Jared. No killer instinct. Here is Zack closing in for the tackle. He made this tackle. The play before he missed a similar tackle. Just like catching a pass, if you can get your hands on the guy, you should be able to tackle him.Here is Zack closing in for the tackle. But this little guy was quick, got the corner and scored.I also think these kids are spoiled. Look at what a great field they get to play on. I would think they would be excited to play on such a field. What they need to do, is get a couple games on some dirt fields to help them appreciate how lucky they are. I go back to Nick's soccer game under the lights at Hart Park. If I was 12 playing under the lights, I would have been so fired up to play, and yet they lost 10-1. Yes, I am critical. You want to shut me up? Show up on the day after Thanksgiving for some football.
Here is Sarah climbing under the bleachers during the game. A bit of an impromptu foot race broke out on the sidelines during the game. Look at this Sarah beating two boys, one of whom was still in his football uniform and another in his soccer uniform. Apparently Sarah has some wheels.More Sarah pictures. Sarah was suppose to ask me, but her mom asked me for her. Sarah has a dance performance that she will be doing also on the day after Thanksgiving at halftime of the Wave game. It is an 80's theme and she needs a partner. I have heard it is suppose to be her father, but Chucker is unwilling to step up, so her uncle will be filling those shoes.80's themed. I am going to try and find a Michael Jackson Beat It jacket with the zippers on it.

2 comments:

M.K.A. said...

There is no shame in the offensive line, I played it for 12 years. It is easily the hardest working position on the field. Nothing like working in the "trenches"!!!! Anyone should be proud to play on the offensive line. Even Vince Lombardi, arguably the best coach in football history says, "it takes a special kind of man to play on the offensive line!"

Rickie Davies said...

Chicks dig quarterbacks. Right Gisele?