Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Brewers Contest

Well it looks like we will not have a winner this year. The Brewers finished 3rd in the NL Central with a record of 77-85. The closest was K-Mart who predicted 76-86. But as I stated in the posting you had to hit the record exactly correct, and no one did. So I will be eating a Gyro by myself. It isn't like I haven't done that before. For the record, I had the team at 81-81. But let's check my other predictions.
Hoffman gets 35 saves.
Not quite, he had just 10.

Doug Davis will lead the team in wins with 13.
Again, not quite, Gallardo led the team with 14 wins. While Davis had just 1.

Braun and Fielder will both be all-stars and will combine for 85 home runs.
Only Braun, Hart and Gallardo made the All Star Team. And the two heavy hitters only combined for 61 home runs.

The Brewers will go 7-8 against the Cubs.
Nope, they went 6-9.

The Brewers win 4 out of 6 against the Twins including stealing 2 in the new ballpark.
I was right about this, 4-2 against the Twins, but only 1 win in the new ballpark.

So no winners, but I am pulling the Twins in the playoffs. After all, the only baseball playoff game I ever saw in person was a Twins game with Borky.

No comments: