Monday, October 04, 2010

Nick's Game

A week ago I went to Nick's soccer game at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. It was not pretty. Nick's team came out on the losing end of a 10-1 score. Nick asked me what I thought after the game. I told him I had nothing positive to say. He was a little put out by that comment. But I am not going to tell him that they played a good game, they didn't. Life is not fair and sometimes the truth hurts.Look at this. If you, especially as a kid at the ripe old age of 12, can not get excited about playing under the lights on a great field like this, well then there is something seriously wrong. I didn't play under the lights until my junior year of high school. The only thing that would have made it better is if there was a light rain. Perfect conditions, for soccer or better yet football.I have gotten away from the lyric of the day. I am sure you are all really disappointed. Here is today's:
Voice goes by
Two bird is what they'll see
Getting lost upon their way

Wind rolls by, low light
Eye sight, low light
I need the light
I'll find my way from wrong, what's real?
The dream I see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love playing under the lights now...and I'm 36

SL