Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bucky

The Badger game on Saturday night was one of the better games I have seen in a while. I was more into that game than any in recent memory. I watched the game with my brother, Dan, at the 5 o'clock Club where Dan's wife, Jody works. They had $1.50 bottles of Pabst, which was great. But they were in serious need of some big screen HD TVs. 42 inches doesn't cut it in a bar. Anyhow, I was really into the game and jumped out of my seat a number of times. I was also kicking myself the moment the kickoff was returned. I was invited to Madison for a birthday party, but decided against going. I was just in Madison the week before. It looked like quite the scene. But my decision was probably a good one in retrospect. I talked to my buddy, Mick (Man Crush), who was down in Madison just to be down there for the game and didn't even try to get a ticket into the game. He said it was crazy crowded and it was just a joke getting into the bars.
Leading up to the game, I was telling people how I was there the last time Bucky beat the Buckeyes when they were No. 1 back in 2003 and the crowd stormed the field. Well I was wrong, it was 2003 but Ohio State was only No.3. But I was there. I went with Joe and Rob. We parked by La Bambas and grabbed a burrito before the game. We couldn't find any tickets to scalp and ended up sneaking in through the field house, which you can't do anymore. The only seats we could find were the first row behind the visitors bench. It was an absolute downpour and we ended up leaving at halftime because we couldn't see and were miserable. We went back to La Bambas and grabbed another burrito then drove back to Milwaukee. We walked in my front door, turned on the TV to see them interviewing Barry with everyone on the field. Leaving was a huge mistake. Anyhow, if you don't believe the story, here is a picture of me at the game.

No comments: