Thursday, October 07, 2010

Jared's Game

The third game on my schedule was Jared's football game. Jared plays mostly offensive line and is #50. I went to his game last week and was disappointed to see a lot of what I call "Paddycake Paddycake" football. Jared is arguably the biggest kid out there and from what I can see, is unable to knock any of the other kids to the ground. True, you don't need to knock someone down to be an effective blocker. But if you don't get them to the ground at least once over the course of the game, you aren't doing your job. Jared did play some defense and was credited with 1/2 a tackle.Oh here is a good one I learned about Jared at the game from one of the other parents. Jared was on a cub scout camping trip and had quite the appetite while on the trip. This led to the nickname Ra-Coonen.Jared should be playing much better than he is. He needs to take football a bit more serious and start playing physical. But what do I know, I have never even played a single down of organized tackle football. So who am I to talk? I guess I shouldn't, but then again I have played my fair share of pick up football games. Want to call me out? Name the time and place and I will be there to play. In fact I am planning on a day after Thanksgiving football game with my nieces and nephews. Any takers? Chances are, I will be down at the football field kicking field goals by myself.
Oh and I did find all of the words to Paddycake Paddycake. In fact that is the lyric of the day:
Paddycake, Paddycake, baker’s man,
Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
Roll it, pat it, mark it with a B,
Put it in the oven for baby and me.

3 comments:

julie said...

You are more than welcome to have it at our house (football game). The pool may be closed but the hot tub stays open year round!

Rickie Davies said...

Are you going to play? What about Mr. Wonderful? I would like to take a shot at him on the grid iron.

julie said...

You know I will play. I can not speak for Jon and the fact that he may be hunting or cutting deer