Friday, February 10, 2006

The Bar Scene

Last night I stopped by Nate and in a spur of a moment decision we headed down to Shepards on North Avenue to play some Golden Tee. At one point I went up to the bar to get a couple drinks and there were two girls sitting at the bar. Here is the conversation that followed:
Bartender: "What can I get for you?"
Me: "Can I get a large Captain and Coke with a lime and a Vodka Gimlet, please."
Bartender:"Coming right up."
Me:"Thanks."
Girl #1:"Is your name Gabe?"
Me:"No, I am Rickie."
Girl #1:"Oh, you look like this guy, Gabe, who I know."
Me:"Well I am guessing that this Gabe guy is one good looking guy."
Both girls laugh.
Girl #1:"I used to date a guy named Rickie when I was in high school."
Me:"Maybe it was me. What high school did you go to?"
Girl #1:"I went to high school in Illinois. Where did you go to high school?"
Me:"I went to Kettle Moraine."
Girl #2:"I went to Hartland Arrowhead."
Me:"I have a lot of friends from Arrowhead. What year did you graduate?"
Girl #2:"1997"
My intermonologue goes something like this "1997! Wow, am I getting old."
Me:"You don't by chance know any of the Klinks, do you?"
Girl #2:"Nope."
At this point I figured I was a little too old for these girls and headed back to Nate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say then is that these girls are definitely missing out!!

Sincerely

Eldest and best looking of the Klink Boys

Anonymous said...

classic Rick...never change my friend, even though i hated you once apon a time:)