Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yet Another Apology

Last night I attended my sister-in-law's sister's daughter's birthday party, or for simplicity sake, my niece, Lauren's birthday party. And I feel bad about some comments that I made. Lauren's grandmother, Annie, got Lauren a figurine of Saint Lucia. I had never heard of Saint Lucia, and I made some inquiries about her. Annie told me a story of Saint Lucy performing a miracle of floating or flying (without the use of a plane mind you) out to the middle of the Atlantic to feed some Swedish sailors pasteries. Other than David Copperfield flying over the Grand Canyon, I have never seen anyone fly before. Plus even if you could fly out to the middle of the ocean with pasteries, by the time you got there, I would think that they pasteries would be all soggy and salty. So I have some serious doubts into this miracle. Anyhow after hearing this story, I was a bit over critical of the story and Saint Lucia. And I made some negative comments. For that I apologize to you Annie. I am sorry it was a thoughtful gift. I was wrong to be so critical. If you are interested more in Saint Lucia click on the links to read about them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry many non-Sweds have not heard of Saint Lucia (feast Day December 13.) FYI she is often depicted on Christmas cards as a young girl in a white dress with the wreath and four candles on her head. Most people think she is a Christmas angel.

Rickie Davies said...

Annie, if you get the chance, can you post a comment that includes a link or web address to the story about Saint Lucia flying out to the middle of the ocean. I have not been able to find it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Yes Rick, I did indeed find what you are looking for.....her floating across the water. I will send you the website via e-mail

Anonymous said...

I still think Annie made it all up! She has always been a big story teller and likes the wine a little to much if you know what I mean,