Monday, February 20, 2006

Picture of the Day

This picture was taken on July 8th, 1995 at Solider Field, Chicago, Illinois. This was in the parking lot at the Grateful Dead parking lot. I believe that this was my first Dead show. The night before, as I recall we didn't have any place to stay and ended up sleeping in a parking garage in downtown Chicago. Real safe. The morning of the concert we got to the parking lot early to get a good parking spot. Around noon we cabbed it up the beach and we all jumped in the lake. By we all, I mean, Krum, Russ, Brown, Nate and myself. I think there was another guy or two but I can't remember. Anyhow jumping in the lake was pretty much the only shower we got that weekend. A couple hours before the show, this guy showed up on a Harley, his buddies had been parked across the aisle from us. You can't see it in the picture but he had the Grateful Dead Skeletons on the bike, they were small but I remember them being on it. I evenutally asked the guy if I could get a picture on his bike. At first I just sat on it. But then he said, "If you are going to get your picture taken on it, you have to loosen up. Put your feet up on the handle bars."

No comments: