Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Card

By now I am pretty sure everyone who will get a Christmas card from me, has received theirs. However I have already heard a little backlash from the card. First yes, I am an idiot, I spelled Michael Jordan incorrectly. But I always seem to make a spelling or grammatical error on my card / letter anyways. Not real big surprise there. Thank you Dan, for pointing it out and making be feel like a moron. The more surprising thing I have heard is that the card isn't that funny. I thought it was good. In fact the moment I saw the statue, I knew it was going to be my card and I knew the caption. Maybe I need to explain it to some people. You see, Michael Jordan is for the most part universally known as "The World's Greatest Basketball Player", but in this case, I am insinuating that I am "The World's Greatest Basketball Player" and he is just Michael Jordan.

What do you think of this years card?
I laughed, I think it is some of your best work.
You are starting to lose your touch.
It sucks, can you take me off your mailing list?
Free polls from Pollhost.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE loved the letter ...yes we read the entire thing...yes we are retired and have no life.

Anonymous said...

I get a kick out your card every year, though I may not admit it outload I actually look forward to it! Keep them coming and PS..I didn't pick up on the mis spelled word until I read your blog. Must be the KM education.

Nevey

Anonymous said...

you spelled Michael wrong buddy. I should know.

Rickie Davies said...

First, Thank you Steve Nevermann. I appreciate the compliment. It will be a long time before you get kicked off the Christmas Card list.
Secondly, to which ever friend commented that I mispelled Michael, no shit, that is what I said in the posting.