Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting Krumed

Russ has come up with a new term. It is called getting Krumed. The meaning of the term is being inconvenienced due to decisions or factors around Krum. For instance having to drive out of your way to pick something up for Krum. The last two times that I have been skiing with Krum, Krum has actually Krumed himself. The last time was last winter. I was living in Minnesota and I had booked my flight to Denver. I then forwarded my itinerary to Krum. Krum, looking to save all of $10, got on a different flight with a different airline. My flight back to Minnesota left at 3 in the afternoon. Krum's didn't leave until 6. Krum's flight ended up getting delayed a number of times, including having the gate changed 3 or 4 times, so on top of being delayed he had to keep running from gate to gate. As it turned out I was back home and in my place and Krum was still in the Denver airport. As I recall he didn't get back to Minnesota until early the next morning. This past trip turned out to be much the same. Sunday night, Krum's flight was to leave at 5:00 in the evening. My flight was at 6:30. We got dropped off at the airport. I had to quickly repack to get my skis in my ski bag. I then went into the airport and I didn't even have a line to wait in to check my bags. As I was walking to security, I see Krum at the back of a long check in line for United Airlines. He told me that his flight got cancelled. He ended up staying with a friend in Salt Lake City Sunday night and his flight home through Chicago was to leave late Monday morning. Well as of last night 8:45 p.m. Krum was still in the Chicago airport. So it looks like Krum got Krumed again on this ski trip. He told me he was never going to ski again. This is a picture Krum sent me today. This was taken after 14 hours in airports. The President, CEO and Owner of Spyglass industries.