Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sweet Dreams

I have always been a bit fascinated by dreams. I have no idea what the meanings of dreams are. When I was in college, I used to set my alarm clock for 3 in the morning in hopes that I would wake up in the middle of my dream and then write it down. Over the last couple of nights I have been having some crazy dreams. Tuesday night I had a dream that I said to myself while I was dreaming "this should be a movie". But then when I woke up in the middle of the night I recalled the dream and thought, that was boring. The thing about that dream was that it was so vivid and it was like I was right there. In the morning, however, I could not remember what that dream was about. I do however remember that I thought it was pretty boring. Last night I had a couple of dreams that were pretty crazy. And when I woke up in the middle of the night, I wrote it down.
The first dream was me at my parents house. Kaker and Justus were sitting at my parent's kitchen table and my mom was making BLTs for them. My mom asked me to help make the bacon. For whatever reason, I thought it would be a great idea to try to cook the bacon wrapped inside an electric blanket. This did not work. I then walked into my parents family room were my dad and brother Dan were sitting watching TV. My dad said, "We had better get going down to Beansnappers (This is a strip bar in the Appleton area) for the Roy Jones Jr vs. Felix Trinidad fight." Suddenly we are inside the bar and they have a buffet set up inside the bar. My dad, Dan and myself get up to go to the buffet, and we walk by a table that has a number of my brother, Jon's, friends at, Namely the Dillaber brothers. As we walked by their table, I shook hands with each person at the table. As I was shaking Eric's hand, he wouldn't let go of my hand and we eventually started arm wrestling. The arm wrestling quickly turned into a full all out wrestling match with both of us dumping beer on each other. That is it for that dream.
The other dream I had last night, was just me running through an airport and I am late for my plane. Unfortunately I woke up just before I got to my gate and I don't know if I made the flight.
For the record, I have been to Beansnappers before, but that was in college. I haven't been there since I moved to Appleton.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beansnappers: I've been past that place. Their sign says "Naked Gentlemen's Club". I didn't want to see naked gentlemen so I didn't go inside. I guess Rickie likes naked gentlemen...

Sincerely, Brartt Frarve

Rickie Davies said...

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

What about recapping your past dating life on your blog?

Was the national athem well-done at the Packer game? I know the guy that sang but they didn't televise it.

Anonymous said...

Cooking bacon in an electric blanket... That is great. I laughed out loud when I read that, so thanks for sharing it!