Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I have been doing a rather poor job with my resolutions. Two years ago, I gave up fast food. I have done pretty well with that one. Last year, I gave up chips, french fries, candy and soda. In Utah I broke all four of those. It was the first time I had potato chips in a year. It was the third or fourth time I had french fries. The second time I had candy. Krum gave me a Snickers before we went skiing and I hadn't had lunch. And we went to two brew pubs, and I tried the home made root beer and cream sodas. This years resolutions are going alright. My juggling isn't going so well. Maybe three or four times I have practiced this year. But the swearing is getting better. I played cards last week and only swore once. All of this being said, I am starting over and recommitting myself to my resolutions. Here is a picture that Krum sent me from last Friday. This is me in the chicken suit at snowbird.
By the way, the wind chill here in Appleton today is -42 below zero. It is more tingly than cold.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

did the toyota still fire up this morning?

Rickie Davies said...

I have underground parking at my condo. So the Toyota, with all 192,000 miles and brand new tires, fired up without a problem. How did the VW fair?

Nick Davies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick Davies said...

When are you going to give up BEER?

Rickie Davies said...

I have given it up for a little while. I am not drinking until I go to Mexico at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

I actually got into an accident on the way home from Uncle Walt's funeral. With a combination of me not paying enough attention, going a little to fast, and the fog, I went over a curb going about 40 m.p.h. So, going that fast I screwed up the whole front end. Me and Katie were both fine, but the car was pretty much totalled because it would cost so much to fix. So, I bought a new car, a 1996 Mitsubshi Eclpise. It has run good through this artic weather that we have been having.

Rickie Davies said...

M.K.A.,

Sorry to hear about the car. I am glad that you are alright. Next time be more careful.

Nick Davies said...

It is the end of the month.

Rickie Davies said...

Next month Mr. Technical. You better watch yourself on those slopes on Sunday.