Thursday, January 31, 2008

BMI

Body Mass Index. I was talking to Tree and he brought up the topic of how our friends are slipping a little bit in the physical fitness category. Tree did not name names but I through a couple out there. I won't mention them here. But even if I did, I don't think that they would object that they were looking and feeling better, health wise, 3 years ago. I guess we all did. This topic quickly switched to BMI. I jumped on a website while I was talking to Tree to see what mine is. Here is a site that you can punch your stats in and get back your BMI. Tree had the great idea that I should have my readers plug in their stats and post their BMI. Personally I think the BMI is a sack of garbage. Why do you ask? Well I consider myself to be in pretty good health. Sure I would like to be in a little better shape, but as it is I work out probably a little too much. Then again, I really don't have a lot going on in my life. But I don't think that I really want to lose much more weight. Anyhow here are my current stats as of this morning. Height, 6'-4" Weight 195 lbs. Put those in the BMI calculator and it comes back with 23.7. That puts me at the top of the normal range. Nearly in the overwieght category. Then playing around with the BMI calculator I put in 155 lbs for my weight and I was still in the normal range. Come on. Could you imagine me at 155? Tree said he would post his BMI, I doubt no one else will.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats ok Rickie, at 6'1" 280 my BMI was 36.9, so that puts me in the obese category. So, don't feel so bad.

Anonymous said...

My BMI was 21.8, which is right in the middle of the normal range.

Anonymous said...

That is so off it said Gordy shouldn't go over 180.. He would look like a POW at that weight.
I'm ok and I'm in terrible shape so go figure.
Annie

Anonymous said...

Height- towering 6'5"
Weight- mushy 235
BMI- overweight 27.9

Either I need to lose weight or grow taller.

Tree

Anonymous said...

164 5'9" rodge He is the leanest bastard around. Rickie you would look sickly!

Anonymous said...

I'm obese. 235 lbs 72 inches tall.

31.9 bmi


I consider myself just lovable, not obese. Plus I have a large head.

kmart

Borky said...

6' 1"

242 lbs.

Overweight, but I am still sessy.

Anonymous said...

5'11", 205 I need to get to under 175 to be "normal" I'm with you Rickie - thats bs

Villa