Monday, January 21, 2008

My Favorite Readers

I did some research yesterday and tabulated who has left the most comments since the beginning of last year. As you very well may know, my favorite readers are those that leave comments. Why do I love it when people leave comments? One, because then I know people are reading, and two, because often it gives me more material to be writing about. The more critical and contray to my own beliefs the better. All of this being said, I can say the running for favorite reader wasn't even close. Here is the list:

#1. Bubs (47 comments)
#2. Sugar Lips (21)
#3. Tree and Annie (20)
#5. Borky (19)
#6. M.K.A. (14)
#7. K-Mart (10)
#8. Julie, The General and Doggie (9)
#11. Pickle (7)
#12. Pocahontas, Melon, Krum, and Joe (3)
#16. Shauntelle, Rodge, Liquid, Coonen (2)


I would like to note that there were a large number of comments that people did not sign their name to. So if you want to move up the list, not only make more comments, but also leave your name. Maybe I could come up with a trophy or something for my favorite reader. That or a Oakland Gyro. I am listening to any ideas.

Here is my favorite reader. Not only does he leave the most comments but it appears he can also pull the wool.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I am so sorry first for not leaving more comments on the blog and talking to you in person about it. Secondly, I am more upset that I was in the same catagory as the General. When's the last time he updated his blog? Granted my son is not doing much better but then again he is 10.

A thought for a new topic; with the writer strike still in place, maybe you can start critiquing some of the reality TV that is taking it's place. I know this would be hard since you do not like to watch a lot of TV, but this was just a thought. Maybe even get suggestions from some of your reader's on their favorite shows for you to watch.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could write about your unwillingness to commit. Or is it a fear of committment? I think there is a difference, but one the non-committed may have difficuly honestly deciphering. That should take up a paragraph or two, and there are lots of people that will find your reflections and insight interesting. I, for one, have never understood the fear of committment b/c being married, and not being single, are two of the best things on the planet. Swear to God. And while I would love to be on your list of favorite blog readers, and am sure I would have one of the highest number of entries over the past year, I prefer to remain anonymous. It is the beauty of the online world :)

Anonymous said...

oo oo oo! Julie had a good idea. I would like your critque of Bret Michael's Rock of Love II. Hilarious and so wrong. Or what about that terrible game show that is premiering tomorrow night...something about telling your loved ones how you really feel about them. It looks very cruel and unusual.

Anonymous said...

Richard,

1. Regarding your tallies, how did you figure mine? I rarely leave my name.
2. I like Julie's idea.
3. Who is the retard that left the comment about FOC? Leave your name next time a-hole so I can punch you.
4. I have a new topic idea. You start writing your own show and we will give you feed back. Do it!

Rarely signed,
Tree

Anonymous said...

I am just glad I made the Top 10. It looks like Preston is #1 with a bullet.

Roman

Anonymous said...

what's FOC?

Rickie Davies said...

Fear of Commitment

Anonymous said...

The Moment of Truth gameshow was idiotic. I watched it for about 15 minutes. The 1st dude contestant was a pro football player at some point in his life and had to admit that he gazed at another man's junk when they were all showering together. Sh*t... who hasn't? Come on. But seriously, it was ridiculous, he admitted that he didn't want to have kids w/ his wife because he felt that she may not be his lifelong partner. On Nat'l tv w/ her sitting there. She took didn't really offer an opinion on the answer at the moment because he was almost to the $100,000 mark. That's what she said anyway. Give me a break. I guess most people will do anything for money. Idiots.

borky

Borky said...

Here now I finally am posting uner my name and not anonymous w/ my name at the bottom. I finally did it. Phew.

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm #3! Thanks Rick. Your blog rocks! I enjoy your thoughts on life. You will find the right person when the time is right. No worries ....remember act in haste repent in leisure.
Annie