Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

Here is my weekend recap. I didn't have much of anything going on Friday night, so I stayed up in Appleton. Not an real exciting evening, I worked out, jumped in the hot tub, did some laundry and then went to bed. Saturday was a much more exciting day. I was up around 7 , then drove down to Brookfield to have Rebecca cut my hair. Afterwards, I went to my niece, Lindsey's, basketball game, followed by my nephew, Jared's, basketball game. I am glad that they are getting older, as their games are also getting more eventful. I had lunch with them after the games. I made a stop by Roman's to either pick up the money he owed me for winning his College Football Bowl Pick'em Pool, or to break his legs. Luckily for Roman, he had my money so I saved him the trouble of not being able to walk. I stopped by Nate and Michel. I haven't seen their son, Elery, in some time. In fact the last time I saw Elery he wasn't walking. In the evening, I went to Crawdaddy's. I invited a number of people including everyone who reads this blog. Rebecca, Vanessa and Angela were the only ones interested in meeting me. Preston was going to go, but he pulled up short because he was doing laundry. Seems like a pretty weak excuse, but I suppose he could have told me that he was washing his hair, which would have been even more weak. Dinner was great. I just love eating at that place. I had the seared walleye with scallops, lobster mashed potatoes and carrots. After dinner we went to a bar down the street where Jay and Eric made an appearance. I haven't seen Jay in months. Jay is now sporting a mo hawk. But he did it for a school fundraiser, so it was for a good cause. After the girls left, I went to a party at Jay's brother's house.
Sunday was my fantasy football party at my brother, Dan's, house. We basically watched football all day. I am still pretty disheartened by that Packer game. I don't know if I even want to talk about. After the game, I drove back up to Appleton and that completed my weekend. Here are the pictures.
Here is Lindsey in the process of making one of her two baskets in the game. Lindsey also had 4 rebounds.

Here is Jared bringing the ball up court.Jared had 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
But his favorite thing to do during the game is to play with his wristband.
I was by Nate and Michel. Here is Nate making Elery cry. And look at Michel, she is laughing.
This was before Nate made Elery cry.
While I was by Nate we got a little ping pong in as well. It wasn't even close. But I needed the tune up for my trip this coming weekend where we are suppose to have to a little ping pong tournament.
Rebecca, Angela, Vanessa and myself in the bar before we ate at Crawdaddy's. As you can see, we even saved a seat for where Preston would have been sitting if he had finished his laundry in time to go to dinner. As good as the food was, the best part about the evening was that we came to the conclusion that we are going to head back to Mexico this year. So the plan is to go sometime in February.
Me and Jota. Check out the mo hawk.

No comments: