Thursday, January 31, 2008

Juno

Yesterday I finally got around to seeing a movie. I went and caught Juno. The movie that my readers wanted me to see. It was a good movie. It is about a teen age girl who gets pregnant and give the child up for adoption. And follows through the entire pregancy from conception to birth. Juno (Ellen Page) is a sharp tongued teenage. I think her character is a little over the top with her sarcasm, attitude and put downs. But then again aren't all teenagers. My two favorite characters are Juno's father (J.K. Simmons) and Vanessa (Jennifer Garner) the obsessive adoptive mom to be. Juno's father gets just enough face time and plays a witty hardnose, yet loving father. And Vanessa is so obsessive that it is nearly irratating. When a character bothers you while you watch them, that is a sign of good acting. Over all it is a good movie and I will give it a 7.

5 comments:

Nick Davies said...

Rick if you are wondering why i am making all these commentson your blog its because I want a better rateing and if you don't know what i am talking about it on my favorite reader.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you didn't go see a movie about teenagers by yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie. I'll go to see it.
Thanks, Annie

Rickie Davies said...

Sorry Villa, I went solo. Who would go with me anyhow? Everyone is so busy. I have been offering to buy you dinner for 6 months now, and you still haven't made any time.

Borky said...

I saw Juno, top notch.

I also saw "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" a doc about the guy w/ the highest Donkey Kong score (and other 80's video arcade games). It was frickin hilarious, it was the best movie I have seen for a while, I suggest running out to Best Buy and buying it, it's well worth it. It is a documentary, but you couldn't write it any more funny than it was, and it is true.