Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Cards

I like to display the Christmas cards that I have received each year. It saves me the time of trying to think up of at least one posting a year, so here they are.
This is Kyle and Jenna, Mark Thome's two kids. Mark and I went to high school together and played soccer together. This is T1, Tammy, Dane, Caleb and Bailey the dog. T1 and I were roommates in college together. Here is the Eggener family. Jake, Lauren, Nancy (my god wife) and Brian or Green Hat at I like to call him.This is the card I got from Storch who was one of my roomates in college.Here are Anna, Abby and Alex, my cousin, Heidi's children.This the card I got from Bob the Blatz man. Bob was also one of my roommates in college. This is Leon, Cammy and Zachary. Leon and I worked together when I was at Merge. And now that I am working out of URS' Milwaukee office which oddly enough is right across the hallway from Merge, I seem to run into Leon about once every two weeks. Here is the card I got from Matt "Scotty" Kaker. His two boys, Miles and Charlie. Lisa is a friend of mine whom I met through my sister in law, Julie. Julie who did not send out a Christmas card this year, either that or I wasn't on their list.My brother, Jeff's kids, Zack, Joey and Sarah.
This one is from my buddy, Brown up in Minnesota.
This is from my friend, Hilt. That was her last name and I always call her by it even though she has married. Hilt and I worked together in Fond du Lac when I was working for the DOT.
Mark, Suzanne and Elise. Mark and Suzanne were actually both roommates with me when I was in college.
Here is Topher, The General's son. This is Tree's Christmas card.
This one is from my friend, Flo. She is another of my Minneapolis friends.
Bones, who is my sister in law Julie, yes the one who didn't send me a Christmas card, as I was saying, Julie's brother. He and I played club soccer together when we were in high school, and from the distance of the sidelines looked alike.
Here is my friend, Pretzel's daughter. Pretzel and I used to do fun runs and triathlons together.
The Ehrgott's. I went to high school with Brian.
This is my old roommate Truz. And this is also an old card that they resent me. I got this same card two years ago. I am sure Julie sent it out thinking I would never notice that it was an old card.
This is my high school friend, Matty Beier's daughter, Layla.
Julie was my old boss when I worked at Merge.
Ryan was on my kickball team, but since has moved to Illinois to fulfill his dream of being a F.I.B.

Rob is another friend from kickball.
Tyler is one of my friends from the Hartland area. I guess you could say that I met him through the Klinks but that is a slap in the face to both Tyler and myself by acknowledging our friendships with the Klinks.
This card can from my neighbor when I was a kid, Jacob Heinzelmann.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry I did not do Christmas Cards this year! I will make sure to make that my New Year's resolution for 2009.

Does that help with a segway to your next blog entry? Are you going to recap who has put the most comments again for 2008? Maybe you can recap on past resolutions and let us all know how you stand on those.

Anonymous said...

your card was the worst.

Anonymous said...

Didn't do Christmas cards this year. What kind of comment is that. What family doesn't do Christmas cards?

Anonymous said...

The kind that has the balls to make a comment like that and leave their name attached to it without hiding behind the "anonymous tag".

Rickie Davies said...

Julie, you can do whatever you would like as far as Christmas cards. I was just making a statement. And please be patient, I will get to my resolutions, that posting will come later. I will post one resolution that will be extremely easy to keep. I will not reply to any comment on my blog that is left by an anonymous person, or as I like to call them, gutless turds.

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous...seek not to judge but to understand.
Are you walking in her shoes? If not don't go there.
Annie