Thursday, December 04, 2008

College Football

College Football. Is there any better sport? I don’t think so. Could you imagine how great of a sport it would be if they had a real playoff other than the stupid bowl format? I was just looking at the BCS Standings. How unreal would an 8 team playoff be? I have heard that those opposed to a playoff system claim that it would be abuse of the student athletes. Screw that. I give you the Division II and III playoff system. And those are real student athletes who actually go to class. I don’t hear anyone crying about the abuse of those student athletes. I drew up a quick bracket for this imaginary tournament based on the current standings and what I think the end result would be. Think about all of the buzz that the NCAA basketball tournament generates. A football playoff be ten times better than the basketball tournament, just because it is football. I am sure that Las Vegas would pay whatever they would have to, in order to ensure that a football playoff system was implemented.
Here is one shocking revelation that I learned on the internet. This weekend Alabama plays Florida in the SEC Championship, and Oklahoma plays Missouri in the Big 12 Championship. You would think that if Florida and Oklahoma both win, that they would play each other in the National Championship game. However, because Texas is ranked ahead Florida, there is a chance if that scenario plays out, Texas would go to the National Championship Game over Florida. This is why a playoff system would be so great.

No comments: