Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MKA Day

MKA day was a success in every way but one.....MKA did not win. It was a good game, but they came up just short, losing 31-26. I had a great turn out for MKA Day. And I think everyone had a good time. Although I probably should have ordered one or two more pizzas. I would like to take this time to congratulate MKA on a great college career. According to my records with MKA in the starting lineup over the last two years, the team posted a 27-3 record with one national championship and one national championship runner up. Although as I always say, 2nd place is first loser. This past season he was named a 2008 Division III All American. And while things didn't end as well as they could have, MKA can be nothing but proud of all that he has accomplished.Alright, enough blowing sunshine up MKA's behind. Now lets get to the more important topic at hand. The MKA Challenge. If you are a loyal blog reader, you may recall a challenge that MKA put forth to me on May 7th of this past year. If you do not recall, well then allow me to refresh your memory. While at my niece's birthday party at Skateland, I entered the races and narrowly lost to a 9 year old. And while I did lose to a 9 year old, I made the claim that none of my readers could have beaten him either, and for that matter none of my readers could beat me. MKA took exception to this and made the wild outlandish claim that "Rickie I will take you to town any day in a rollerblade race." ANY DAY. Since that time I have thrown down the challenge to take on MKA. It has been 7 months. In my world, any day has come 230 times, in MKA's world any day has not come once. MKA has been ducking me and back pedalling on his claim ever since. He had used excuses that range from having football practice and going to the Prime Quarter with his parents for dinner. On May 9th MKA went on to say "The next couple weekends are busy for me because of football, the semester ending, and moving out of my apartment and into my new house with my buddies. Once I get done with school and all moved out, I will set a specific date for us to race." Well MKA, you have listened to the music and now it is time to pay the piper. I have given you 7 months to finish football practice (which is now done), end last semester (which would have been last spring semester) and now finish this semester (fall), move out of your apartment and move into your new house, and I am sure you have have a number of meals with your parents. Let's set that date, I want to see you "take me down" as you claimed. And I believe their are a number of blog readers who have also been patiently waiting to see and hear this outcome. Loyal blog readers, I beg you to leave a comment and also implore MKA to accept the MKA challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dammit MKA, man up!!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you plan a summer roll off, maybe Antonio Freeman VII (or which ever # it is).

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

Freeman party is too far away. I want to do this now.