Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Soccer and Christmas Cards

I let this fall a bit behind. Last Wednesday was the last soccer game of the season. Shocking as it may sound, but we actually lost. We were even up 6-3 at one point. It didn't help that the ref, whom I actually played soccer with in high school and someone I attended classes with in college, called a phantom "hand ball" on The General and awarding a penalty kick. He also gave us a yellow card for too many men on the field during a substitution switch. The other team also brought in a ringer. It is a guy I have played against in majors who got them at least 3 goals. One of them nutmegged me. Anyhow we lost 8-7. But despite this blemish on our record we still won the league. And we have decided to give it another shot next session. We finished 6-1-1. As for the wager between The General and myself, well it wasn't too close. I finished the season with 8 goals and 3 assists, The General 2 goals and 6 assists. The point totals were 19 for me, 10 for The General. Now it is just a matter of collecting.

For those who have been checking their mailboxes everyday, you only have a couple days more to wait. They went out in the mail this morning.

I will actually be out of town until Friday. I have some work matters to deal with in the Wisconsin Dells area. So for my loyal blog readers, there won't be much new for a couple days. But that is probably a good thing because I have nothing to report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 assists, what a playmaker.

Maybe if you would leave the offensive third once in a while you could help out on defense.

Rickie Davies said...

Funny, he never passed the ball to me. You can't win if you don't score. With two hat tricks on the season, it appears fairly obvious that at times I had to hoist the team on my back and carry them to the victory. Something that a "playmaker" would know nothing about.