Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend Update

Well it was quite the weekend for me. I thought Friday was going to be pretty low key. That quickly changed with one email. Jim Villa sent me an email and invited, myself along with Eric and Nate to the Bucks game with him. It took some good ribbing to get Nate to come out, but he finally did. We all met up at O'Connors for a drink before hand. Nate was the last to show. When he did we gave him a hard time, "Oh Michel decided to let you come out tonight." Nate quickly declared that Michel didn't let him come out, rather to told Michel that he was going out. None of us believed him. The game started at 7:30, we didn't leave O'Connors until 8:30. We showed up at the Bradley Center and got to our seats with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. And what great seats, second row on the baseline. Thank you Jim. After the game we headed to Buck Bradley's until bar time. Afterwards, Nate and I went out for breakfast, and I was home by 3:30 Saturday morning. So much for low key.
Not surprisingly, I didn't get the greatest jump on Saturday morning. I didn't get out of bed much before 9:00 a.m. I picked up my brother in law, Tim and headed to my brother, Jon's place. From there we piled into Jon's SUV (yes it is an SUV, not a truck) and headed Whitewater for MKA's game. We tailgated up to game time and went into the game. As usual at half time we headed back out to the parking lot. My cousin, Justin, was ready to fire the beer bong right back up. He did a double beer bong and wanted me to do the same thing. It was my turn, and I had just dumped in one beer. Justin was trying to pour more in, but I took off running. So here was the scene for one person who was driving out of the parking lot at halftime. A guy dressed in a gorilla suit running in front of her suburban while doing a beer bong. Probably something you don't see everyday. In the second half the game started getting pretty interesting. Whitewater was up 20-17, but Wartburg College, had the ball and was driving for a score. They had to settle for a field goal attempt. But it was blocked, and that turned the whole game around. Whitewater went on to win, 34-17. After the game, we went to Big Bend for my aunt / godmother, Charlotte's surprise birthday / retirement party. By the time I got there I was actually pretty tired. The life of a rockstar is not easy, and even takes a toll on me. I got home Saturday night around 9:00 and was asleep by 10:00.
Sunday afternoon was my niece, Abbigail's birthday party. And as I called Friday, whenever Dan and Jody have a party, whomever is playing on TV loses. So you can blame the Packer loss on them. The other big event that happened to me on Sunday was that my fantasy football team locked up first place for the regular season. It is good to know that my trophy is coming back home. Pictures to come. Speaking of pictures, here are the images from the weekend.
The Bucks and Bobcats in action.But who really cares about watching the Bucks with these girls in the way.More pictures of the cheerleaders. Eric asked specifically for me to snap a bunch of these pictures. Here is Villa with the Bucks in the background closing out the game. Thanks again buddy, what great seats.Here is Pocahontas at MKA's game.Justin taking care of a beer bong. It was so cold that the tube was froze, you only needed one hand to hold the bong.Pocahontas went up to Jon and asked him if he would do a beer bong if she did. Jon was taken back a bit. I don't think he wanted to, but since Pocahontas did, he felt that he had to. Nice to know that at his age, he will still cave to peer pressure.Maria and MKA after the game.Here are some of the Stocks kids at my aunts birthday party. Aunt Sandy, Charlotte, my mom, Marilyn, and my Uncle's Gene and Eddie.Julie and Dan at Abby's birthday party.Me and my dad.Here is Chucker paying up for fantasy football. The General, I hope you are taking note, you are still in the hole to me $60 for fantasy and $40 from sheepshead. Pay up or expect to wake up with some broken thumbs.Joey, on the left, then Sarah, Lindsey and the birthday girl, Abby.Abby with her cake.

No comments: