Friday, December 05, 2008

Soccer Night in America

Wednesday night was another soccer game. We had our normally goalie back between the pipes for the first time in two games. Those games were a 5-5 tie and a 5-4 win. A little too close. Last night was disposed of our opponents 7-4. That moved us to 6-0-1. I know you are wondering how the scoring contest between The General is going. I would love to say that it actually is a contest, but it isn't. I am up by 10 points. Which means that The General needs to score 5 goals in our final game just to tie. Not a chance. The problem now is trying to collect on the bet. Little chance of that.
Last night I did get one goal. It was actually a pretty nice looking goal. I brought the ball up on the left side, I passed it off to Tom and made a run through the box. Tom took two touches and returned the ball back to me and I one touched it between the keepers legs and into the goal.
I have been feeling rather sluggish out on the field as of late. And I know that it is because Wednesday night is the only exercise that I have been getting all week. But that is all going to change. My office building has a fitness center in it. But since my move was after the deadline for adding the month by month membership, I needed to wait until December to sign up. That means that Mr. Fitness is back. Last night our team discussed playing the next session and came to the conclusion we would give it another go. I am expecting a much better session out of myself.
Now lets talk about this upcoming weekend. For Friday night I have nothing planned. Most likely I will be getting to bed early, as Saturday looks to be a full day. Saturday is the Division 3 Football Quarter Final Game at Whitewater. MKA will be doing what MKA does best.....kick ass. Game time is noon, tailgating should begin around 10:00 a.m. All are not only welcome, but urged to attend. After the game I have a surprise birthday party to attend. Because it is a surprise, I can no longer talk any more about that. Sunday I have a non-surprise birthday party for my niece, Abbigail. Unfortunately for the Packers, whenever there is a party at my brother, Dan's, whatever Wisconsin team is playing always loses. So you heard it hear first, as much as I would like to see the Packers win on Sunday, there isn't a chance.

No comments: