Monday, December 01, 2008

Weekend Update

Well here is the recap of my Thanksgiving Weekend. Wednesday I played soccer. I discussed previously how we managed to squeak out a win. Thursday I was out at my parents house by noon we played some cards, watched some bad football, had a great meal and that was it for the day. Friday, I did about as little as possible. I watched a lot of college football. I also did some laundry and hung pictures up in my house. Friday evening I stopped by Nate to give him a quick lesson in ping pong. 6 games to none. Afterwards we headed down to Bayview to meet up with Eric. We went out to a couple bars in the area. But we weren't out just to drink and screw around. There was actually a purpose to the whole evening. It was the first of a couple meeting for Eric's Bachelor Party Planning Committee. Unfortunately we were off task all night, and instead we had too many beers and played too many rounds of Golden Tee Golf. Maybe we will get something accomplished at the next meeting.
Saturday I headed out to my parents to perform my "head boner" duties in cutting up a couple deer. I can honestly say that the thing I was most thankful for this weekend was that my parents weren't doing deer processing on a grand scale as in the past. I think I cut up 40 or so. Which was more than enough for me. Saturday night I was a substitute bowler for my sister and brother in laws bowling team. My sister just had ear surgery and my aunt and uncle were in Oregon watching MKA play football that night. So it was my brother in law, Tim, my brother, Dan, and Tom Brady. I didn't bowl too bad. I had a 420 series which averages out to 140 a game. I did beat Dan and I also beat Tom Brady by one pin. My favorite thing about bowling is trying to pick up the spare when only the 10 pin is standing. I always attempt to pick it up with my left hand. And I can say that I was highly successful. I would say that 70 percent of the time, I picked it up.
Sunday I woke up and my arm was killing me. Between just having shoulder problems, cutting deer and bowling, it felt like it was going to fall off. But I did manage to crawl myself out of bed and I headed out to the garage to assemble my new snow thrower. I had mentioned to my parents last week, that if they knew anyone who was getting rid of a used snow thrower, that I was interested. Well my parents just went out and bought me a new one instead. It was highly unnecessary, but also highly appreciated. With winter upon us, I am now prepared. In the words of Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump, "I am right here God, come and get me. It is time for a show down.... you verses me."I do want to send out a couple thank yous and congratulations for the weekend. First congratulations to Preston and Jessica on the arrival of their baby boy, Patrick. Preston has already inquired as to when I will get the Heisman picture up on the blog. Speaking of children, I spoke to my old roommate, Truz, he informed me that they will be expecting their second child in a couple of months. I don't know if everyone knows, but then again my readership isn't all that high so I think it is safe to discuss.
Congratulations to MKA and the Whitewater football team in winning their playoff game out in Oregon. And with the win of the Wartburg College Knights over the Monmouth College Fighting Scots, that assured Whitewater of a home playoff game this next Saturday. I am going to be pushing to get as big of a turnout of friends and family as possible.
Thank you to Deb and Tim for inviting me to bowling.
And I want to again thank my parents for the snow thrower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got that snow thrower just in time!

-Bubs